Through the good offices of the folks at MELSA (and their friends at the wonderful Addendum Books), I spent the weekend in Minnesota, where I spoke to an audience about writing, the writing life, and — no lie — Joseph Campbell. (Because I’m me.) I also answered some really great questions from the crowd and signed books. [Read more...]
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water… (Hat tip to Jaws 2…)
The “KILLER Time” Tour isn’t over just because April is over. Oh, no. There are still some events to be had. Check out my calendar for all of the details, but here’s the basics:
- May 5: Hudson Children’s Book Festival, Hudson, NY
- May 19: Teen Book Festival, Rochester, NY
- May 20: river’s end bookstore, Oswego, NY (with Terry Trueman, Melissa Walker, and Laurie Halse Anderson!)
- May 25: Changing Hands Bookstore, Tempe, AZ (with Lisa McMann!)
- May 26: Maricopa County Library District Book Fest, Phoenix, AZ
Whew! Come on out and have some fun! (And check back later for details on the June events!)
We’re adding a little something extra to some of the tour stops…
If you attend one of the events listed below, you will be entered into a raffle to win an exclusive “I Had a KILLER Time with Barry Lyga” t-shirt. Three winners will be chosen at each event and, yes, you’ll get the t-shirt right then and there.
But even if you don’t win a t-shirt, you’ll still be entered into a raffle for the Grand Prize: a brand-spanking new iPod touch!
(Now you know the truth: I am only doing this book tour to spread the Apple Gospel.)
And is there a chance that some cool goodies will be pre-loaded onto that iPod touch? Why, I would say “Yes. Yes, there’s an excellent chance there will be some goodies pre-loaded on it!”
Here are the tour stops where you can enter the raffle for t-shirts and Apple-y goodness:
- Monday, April 2nd @ 7PM: Third Place Books (17171 Bothell Way NE, Lynnwood, WA 98155)
- Tuesday, April 3rd @ 7PM: Barnes & Noble (19401 Alderwood Mall Parkway, Lynnwood, WA 98036)
- Wednesday, April 4th @ 7PM: Books Inc (1375 Burlingame Ave, Burlingame, CA 94010)
- Thursday, April 5 @ 7:30PM: Mysterious Galaxy (2810 Artesia Blvd 90278, Redondo Beach, CA)
- Tuesday, April 10th @ 7PM: WORD Bookstore (126 Franklin St, Brooklyn, NY 11222)
Come on out, have a good time, and win something!
Tonight, I will be the guest on the “A Book and a Chat” Internet radio show, with host Barry Eva. (Two Barrys — no waiting!) The show lasts an hour and you are encouraged to call in with questions! But hey, even if you don’t have any questions, be sure to tune in anyway — it should be lots of fun!
The show is located at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Across-the-Pond. Click on over and give a listen. Then call in to heckle me. C’mon — you know you want to.