Posted on: 01/01/11
As I did last year around this time, I figure I’ll post a list of some books I read over the past twelve months that y’all might enjoy. These are not the only books I read in 2010 — they’re just the ones that, for whatever reason, really jumped out at me. There are no children’s books, of course (see here for why), but the list does include some smart thrillers, a great graphic novel, some thought-provoking non-fiction, a book about math (oh, just read it!), and more. There’s something for just about everyone.
If you try any of them, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the time spent.
- In Defense of Elitism by William A. Henry III
- My Life Among the Serial Killers by Helen Morrison and Harold Goldberg
- A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- Hold Tight by Harlan Coben
- Planetary by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday
- The Muse Asylum by David Czuchlewski
- Paranoia by Joe Finder
- Inside Out by Barry Eisler
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- The Unfinished Game by Keith Devlin
- Talk Show by Dick Cavett